Super User

Super User

Monday, 04 May 2020 07:05

COVID-19 (May 4)

Parents/Players

This past week ball hockey leagues from across the province had a 3 hr conference call to discuss their thoughts of where we as a sport are and where we are possibly heading. 

Everyone agreed that if the go ahead is given, we would all try to run as full a season as possible under the time restrictions we will have, but more importantly as safe as possible for all involved, of course for that to happen many things will need to go right in the upcoming weeks. We also have discussed running some tournament format events like provincials in late July or early August if we have the ability to.

Since my last email, the city of Kitchener did reach out to discuss where we are at and if we were to get the go ahead how would we proceed, I told them we and the majority of our players/families are still hopeful that we can play at some point, I also have come up with some ideas to add extra precautions if the arenas were to reopen, things like a 30 min buffer between games, no use of dressing rooms, or if we use the buffer, we can actually use 2 dressing rooms per team, as well as some other ideas,  if/when we get going we want to be ready and be safe for all the players. We all know that it will be different than what we have all been use to.

As you are aware the provincial government has started very slowly and cautiously  to lift the restrictions and will be adding more and more to their list as time moves forward, will this include opening arenas? We don't know, but if they do, we will be ready to offer a season, as long as we all feel it is safe to do so. 

We ask everyone remain  patient and we will make a further decision after the May long weekend, at that point we will have a better idea of where the region, province and country are.

We start the groundwork months ago that is needed to run the ball hockey league and has incurred operating costs that may not be refunded to our league-operating budget. Uniforms and other supplies are ordered and paid for in January

KWMBHL is a not for profit business that does not carry a cash surplus from year to year. We try to keep our annual registration fees at strict budgeted numbers so we can pass on to our members a fair registration fee. 

No one could have imagined the impact on our world that Covid 19 has placed on us but we will get through this together. We will look at applying refunds, but only when we know our exact liabilities incurred are final. Each refund will be done by the same method as you paid and should be done shortly after we find out if the season is cancelled. 

I am also looking to find out if any grants/loans are available to minor sports to help cover costs that we have incurred to date, and hopeful that we will be able to receive some financial help to cover the out of pocket expenses we have at this point.

We understand that the later this goes, that playing might not work for some families and we ask that everyone remain patient as we work this all out in the coming weeks, we will deal with everyone at the same time once we have come to a final decision, one way or the other.

So again please be patient and I will be in touch as we get more information.

Also please follow along on our facebook page as i will add info there as it becomes available

Stay safe everyone

Dave

 

Tuesday, 17 March 2020 14:22

COVID-19 Update - CBHA

The Canadian Ball Hockey Association (CBHA) is committed to providing its participants and other support groups related to our programs, a safe and healthy environment in which to enjoy the sport of ball hockey.

With the recent events relating the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the CBHA Board of Directors have made the decision to suspend all CBHA sanctioned activities (including those of our member provinces and leagues), effective Tuesday March 17, 2020 until Friday April 17, 2020. This date may change due to the nature of the situation. The CBHA Board of Directors and its member Provinces will provide a status update as we approach April 17th.

The Board is unanimous in their position that this is the proper and responsible action required to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals involved with CBHA sanctioned programs.

The CBHA has been advised that the ISBHF will be meeting very soon to discuss the upcoming World Championship events in Europe. The CBHA will await direction from the ISBHF and advise its members accordingly.

The CBHA will continue to monitor the situation and will keep our members posted on any new developments and actions that may be required.

The CBHA wishes to thank, in advance, all involved with CBHA programs and activities for their cooperation as we all navigate through this unique and difficult situation.

Will continue to keep everyone up to date as information becomes available

Stay healthy and we hope to see you all soon.

Sunday, 28 July 2019 12:27

2019 CBHA Junior Nationals

Congrats to our KW Rangers, winning Bronze Medals at the 2019 National Junior Championships, an amazing accomplishment, remember boys, as of end of April we weren't sending a team, and now you are top 3 in the Nation, that is amazing, from all of us here, enjoy, you have again made us all proud of you.

Sunday, 21 July 2019 12:57

New Website

We are working on getting a new secure website up and running, please be patient as we transfer all data over. 

 

Thank you for your patience.